The first modular blockchain network
Celestia is a modular consensus and data network, built to enable anyone to easily deploy their own blockchain with minimal overhead.Learn CelestiaBuild on testnet
Deploy a blockchain as easily as a smart contract
Celestia provides consensus and security on-demand, enabling anyone to deploy a blockchain without the overhead of bootstrapping a new consensus network.
Scaling made simple with data availability sampling
Because Celestia does not validate transactions, its throughput is not bottlenecked by state execution like traditional blockchains. Thanks to a property of data availability sampling, Celestia’s throughput scales with the number of users.
Secure interoperability for all Celestia chains
Blockchains built on top of Celestia do not rely on honest majority assumptions for state validity, meaning that they can interoperate with the highest security standards.
Choose your own execution environment
Since Celestia does not impose any execution logic, developers are free to define their own execution environments. Celestia will support all flavors of rollups, but we are initially focused on the EVM and Cosmos SDK.
How it works
Celestia is a minimal blockchain that only orders and publishes transactions and does not execute them. By decoupling the consensus and application execution layers, Celestia modularizes the blockchain technology stack and unlocks new possibilities for decentralized application builders.
Traditional monolithic architecture
- Developers can only use programming languages supported by chain's execution environment
- All applications run on the same process (the world computer model), with shared gas resources
- Smart contracts cannot be updated without a hard fork
Celestia-enabled modular architecture
- Developers can effortlessly define their own virtual execution environments; similar to virtual machines
- Each application gets its own sovereign execution space, while inheriting the security of Celestia's consensus
- Applications can be updated without main chain hard forks
- H1 2021Seed Fundraise
- H2 2021Devnet Release
- 2022Testnet Release
- 2023Incentivized Testnet
- 2023Mainnet Launch
Built by industry-leading engineers, researchers and entrepreneursView the team
Join our global community
Be part of our growing community of developers and innovators who are helping build the Celestia network.